E. Chiang's Student Collaborators
Student Collaborators and Their Papers
G stands for Graduate, U stands for Undergraduate. The number following the letter represents the year in which we worked together.
Open positions available for
graduate students and undergraduates.
Current students and some of their research topics:
14. Jonathan Lin (U2/U3): Planet formation
Former students and some of their research topics:
13. Benjamin Vinson (U3/U4): Three-body problem
12. Eve J. Lee (G1/G2/G3/G4/G5): Planet and star formation. Sherman Fairchild Fellow in Theoretical Physics at Caltech. Assistant Professor at McGill in 2019.
11. Tushar Mittal (G1/G2): Planetesimal formation, debris disks, mantle plumes
10. Skylar Kerzner (U2): Protoplanetary disk rotation curves, with application to the Atacama Large Millimeter Array. Department of Astronomy Student Commencement Speaker.
- Weak Turbulence in the HD 163296 Protoplanetary Disk Revealed by ALMA CO Observations,
Kevin M. Flaherty, Meredith A. Hughes, Katherine A. Rosenfeld, Sean M. Andrews, Eugene Chiang, Jacob B. Simon, Skylar Kerzner, & David J. Wilner, ApJ, 813, 99 (2015)
9. Daniel Perez-Becker (G3/G4/G5/G6/G7): Ionization chemistry of protoplanetary disks, hot Jupiter hydrodynamics, disintegrating rocky planets. Data Scientist at Microsoft, Boston.
8. Ruth A. Murray-Clay (G2/G3/G4/G5/G6): Planetary dynamics, planet formation, hot Jupiter atmospheres, pre-main-sequence phenomena. Awarded 2015 AAS Warner Prize. Associate Professor, UC Santa Cruz Astronomy.
7. Hyomin Choi (U2/U3/U4): Oort Cloud, Kuiper Belt
6. Aaron T. Lee (G1/G2): Planetesimal formation, star formation
5. Linda E. Strubbe (G2/G3): Debris disks, planetary dynamics, galaxy formation
4. Jessica R. Lovering (U1/U2/U3): Observations of the Kuiper Belt, astrometry, origin of Trojan librators
- Resonant and Secular Families of the Kuiper Belt , E. I. Chiang, J.R. Lovering, R. L. Millis, M. W. Buie, L. H. Wasserman, & K. J. Meech, Earth, Moon, & Planets, as part of First Decadal Review of the Kuiper Belt special issue, 92, 49-62 (2003)
3. Christopher J. Culter (U1/U2/U3/U4): Narrow ring dynamics, chaos
2. Amy Jordan (U3/U4): Observations of the Kuiper Belt, astrometry, resonance dynamics
- Resonance Occupation in the Kuiper Belt: Case Examples of the 5:2 and Trojan Resonances, E. I. Chiang, A. B. Jordan, R. L. Millis, M. W. Buie, L. H. Wasserman, J. L. Elliot, S. D. Kern, D. E. Trilling, K. J. Meech, & R. M. Wagner, AJ, 126, 430-443 (2003)
1. Ryan Moo Kwang Joung (U3/U4): Thermodynamics and spectra of protoplanetary disks
Spectral Energy Distributions of Passive T Tauri and Herbig Ae Disks: Grain Mineralogy, Parameter Dependences, and Comparison with ISO LWS Observations,
E. I. Chiang, M.K. Joung, M.J. Creech-Eakman, C. Qi, J. Kessler, G.A. Blake, & E.F. van Dishoeck, ApJ, 547, 1077-1089 (2001)